1. Elaborate on your default icon.
A long time ago we got a little Barbie digital camera from Daughter #1, when I was running it through its paces, I snapped this, have used it since.
2. What's your current relationship status?
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Yep. "Nearly died" several times, was in one of those freaky "am I dead yet?" places while in the ER after that real nasty car crash in '93.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
I could stand to lose 1/3rd of my body weight.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
This is embarassing, but it's an effect of listening to Jack-FM rather than Pandora ... Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go ... yeah, just shoot me.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
Ann Coulter if she'd just get over that "imaginary friend" BS.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Huh? You mean there's anybody actually reading this, especially this far down the list?
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
I have occasionally been compared with Sydney Greenstreet.
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Long-time user of a "geek special", Casio Databank.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Lots of body mods, but those being left-overs of assorted surgeries.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
No ... but I'm willing to get a big ugly embarrassing one if my daughters start thinking about getting inked.
12. Do you like pain?
Experiencing it? No. Inflicting it? Depends on the situation.
13. Do you like to shop?
I have been so broke for so long that I have had to sort of purge out the "shopping" thing from my brain ... back when I was making six figures 16 years ago, yes.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Got coffee & hot chocolate at 7-11 yesterday.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit/debit card?
A buss pass at Walgreens.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Sang "happy birthday" along with the rest of the family to the answering machine at a nephew's place.
17. What is on your desktop background?
The Calabi-Yau Manifold.
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
A pic Daughter #2 took of me when she was showing me how to use the phone camera.
19. Do you like redheads?
Frankly, redheads are one of my clearly identifiable "fetishes".
20. Do you know any twins?
Back in grade school I did.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
Not when compared to me.
22. What was the last movie you watched?
"Julie & Julia" ... see post.
23. What was the last book you read?
Sometime this afternoon I will have finished up How to Find Work in the 21st Century which I will then review and post an author interview on (already obtained) for my The Job Stalker entry tomorrow.
... don't you feel enlightened now?