1. Your LiveJournal "user name": BTRIPP
Explain what it means: Duh! B. Tripp as in Brendan Tripp
2. The "name" that you chose to use (if not your USER name): BTRIPP
Explain what it means: see above
3. Explain how you picked / why you selected the user picture(s) that you have?
- I'm always looking for better ones ... my main one was shot with my 6-year-old's Barbie digital cam in the week it was still functioning!
- The Stats -
4. date of survey (because things will change as soon as you finish it): 05/06/02
account type: paid
If permanent, what did you do to get it - if free, why not a paid account? Paid
friends of (#): 54
friends (#): 93
communities (#): 16
memories (#): 0 - what the fuck is this for anyway?
posts (#): 638
- Your Journal -
5. Why do you have a Journal page? Do you have a Journal page for yourself, your friends, strangers to know you, and/or everyone?
- It would appear that this exists just to take up space on the Internet ... most of the time I doubt anybody reads it.
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting?
- You've obviously never experienced the unleashed chaos that suffices for my handwriting!
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?
- Hey, haven't you clicked on the damn links to the poems? I'm bleeding my soul out here! Make that an 8 ... I do "edit" some psychosis from time to time.
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most; factually (includes daily routine), emotionally, intellectually, sexually, religiously, or artistically?
- Eh ... it's a blend.
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
- What, you want the daily toilet report TOO?
Is there anything you refuse to post about?
- The Wife prefers that I do not mention my family in more than passing terms ... you know how the Internet is filled with creeps and stuff.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
- Bleh. Nobody reads it, it must be a 0!
11. From who / how did you find out about LJ?
- Thee Fairy Queen ana a long, long time ago (I'm user #2663)
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
- Uh, anybody active, no ... but there have been a half a dozen or so folks sign up and then get bored ... hell, that's the story of my Network Marketing life too!
13. How long have you been a member of LJ?
- Hey, my anniversary just passed ... 5/5/2000! Been here two years!
14. How often do you post to LJ?
- Depends ... not quite daily, I think.
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only? Totally private?
- Zero on both counts. Nobody reads me anyway, so that's about as private as it gets!
16. What is your FAVORITE interest on LJ?
- I never filled out any interests ... they need to have a click-to-include menu ... I'm a zombie when it comes to "unaided recall"!
17. What is your favorite community on LJ? Why?
- libertarian cause I'm that kind of guy!
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ?
- As Randy Savage has been known to say: OOOOOOH YEAHHHH!
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?
- Sort of ... mainly downgrading my opinions of others!
20. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals?
- All the time ... I run over 4/1 comments to actual posts.
21. Do you prefer to write in your Journal, read other Journals, respond to others entries, or get responses to your entries?
- I really like getting responses to my entries, but since nobody reads me this never happens, so I have to go troll other journals!
22. What's the longest you've gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up?
- A few weeks, I guess ... I get distracted sometimes.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading LJ since you discovered it?
- Five days, I think ... maybe a full week.
24. What is your favorite post you've ever made to LJ?
- Huh? Like I've MEMORIZED them all?
25. What is your favorite post you've ever read on LJ?
- Ditto the above.
26. What's the weirdest or funniest thing you've seen on LJ?
- Hey, L.J. is Plenty O'Weird!
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your Journal (polls included)?
- Yes, many times ... usually totally ignored.
28. Have you ever tried to play the "trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user" game?
29. Have you ever played the "add a sentence to my post" game?
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal?
If so, why?
- Because I CAN (bwah-hah-hah-hah!)
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
- Sure, there are a LOT of dick-heads out there.
32. Have you ever banned someone from your Journal?
- No, but I have ... oh, wait ... DAMN! ... I keep forgetting about the statute of limitations!
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life?
- Yes, I have a couple of hours less for "real life" every day.
- Friends -
34. Who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
- I like the ones who post interesting stuff.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in "real life" (you see them regularly)?
- Uh ... one I think ... although I might be forgetting ... I think I have actually met only three or four L.J. folks out in "Meat World".
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met (but you don't see them regularly)?
- see above
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.'d someone you found on LJ?
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
- "Most Like Me" is a category on the Post Office wall.
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ?
- Me, of course. Humblest too!
40. Who is the most fun person you know on LJ?
- Fun? Oh, boy ... I'd have to say theinnocence for very warped reasons.
41. Who is your least favorite / most annoying LJ user or community (WARNING: ANSWER AT YOUR OWN RISK)?
- The pagan community ... it could be real interesting, but its all clueless newbies and whiners.
42. How do you USUALLY find new friends on LJ; Interests, Communities, Directory, cool name/username, reading someone else's friends page, they find you, or random selection?
- Usually from folks commenting in other journals that I find interesting.
43. Why are you MOST likely to add someone to your friends list; Gender, User Picture, Specific Interest, Combination of Interests, Community, Geographic Location, Web Page, Specific Entry in Journal, Overall Journal, they comment in your journal, or they add you first?
- Commenting in my journal or adding me to their friends list is a good start, as long as they have stuff worth reading in their journal.
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
What is the most likely reason you WOULDN'T add someone to your friends list?
- Having a journal that I don't find interesting.
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first?
- I appreciate it when folks add me to their lists.
Would you remove them from yours if they didn't?
- No, I certainly understand that I'm an acquired taste.
46. Are there any people's Journals (users / friends), communities, interests, or searches you frequent on LiveJournal that you DON'T or will not list in your user info page?
- Heh ... now, that would be telling, wouldn't it?
Why don't you list or link to them?
- They're naughty.
- More than Friends on LJ -
47. Is your "Significant Other" on LJ?
If not, do they know you post on LJ?
- I don't think she has a clear concept about LJ.
48. OTHER than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ (those who think this question means an instant argument with your S.O. may pass on this question, if you don't have a S.O. just answer it)?
- Eh ... why lead with my chin?
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ?
- Since I really don't "know" anybody on LJ, my list would be all fantasy.
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ?
- Oh, yeah! I am a dirty old man!
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ?
- That would, of course, depend on the person doing the fantasizing.
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ?
- Uh ... ask The Wife.
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)?
- Not romatically, but it's always been a bit strained meeting on-line people in the Meat World.
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ?
- Not under this screen name!
- Technical LiveJournal -
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface? Which do you usually use?
- Well, I post to my journal via the client, but most of my LJ time is spent posting comments.
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries?
- What? You don't like all the pretty formatting I did here?
If no, do you know what HTML is?
- Gee ... isn't that the Hot Tuna Marketing Legion?
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all - even from template), template, or default?
- Dunno ... when I set it up it was one of the defaults, but things have changed since so I guess I'm "retro".
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add you music manually, or none at all?
- I don't listen to music on my computer, I have a CD player which plays PURCHASED CDs, which I know is a strange concept in these days of rampant intellectual property theft.
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it (e.g. do you know you could edit or delete old entries, get live updates of your friends page, etc.)?
- Yeah, my typing sucks and I can't preview (that I know of) from the client, so I'm always going in to edit my actual posts.
61. What is your favorite LJ feature?
- Having responses to my posts and comments show up in my mail box so I don't have to check for them.
62. What is your least favorite LJ feature (one that you would change or delete if you could)?
- That damn interest list. Make a big huge list with check boxes, already!
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ?
- The birthday reminders coming back would be nice. More user pics for paid users too!
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ?
- I'm in a bad mood all the time so those mood icons don't mean much.
65. "One day the directory will work again." How long until YOU believe until that day will come?
- It would be nice, eh?
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor:
convenience - 90
usefulness - 70
coolness factor - 80
- Miscellaneous -
67. How many other surveys have you done on LJ?
- Some, though I've tired of them of late ... are we close to done now?
68. How does this survey compare to those?
- Can you say L-O-N-G?
69. Do you think this last question was added solely to get to this number or not?
- Say goodnight, Gracie ..