I guess I wasn't too tired to do a meme! This, snagged from Ana's it
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
all the items you’ve eaten.
the items you would love to try, but haven't.
any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.1. Venison
2. Nettle tea3. Huevos rancheros4. Steak tartare5. Crocodile/Alligator6. Black pudding7. Cheese fondue8. Carp9. Borscht10. Baba ghanoush11. Calamari12. Pho13. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich14. Aloo gobi15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses17. Black truffle18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes19. Steamed pork buns20. Pistachio ice cream21. Heirloom tomatoes22. Fresh wild berries23. Foie gras24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper27. Dulce de leche28. Oysters29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda31. Wasabi peas32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi34. Sauerkraut35. Root beer float36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly39. Gumbo40. Oxtail41. Curried goat42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu47. Chicken tikka masala48. Eel49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut50. Sea urchin51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi53. Abalone54. Paneer55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal56. Spaetzle57. Dirty gin martini58. Beer above 8% ABV59. Poutine
60. Carob chips61. S’mores62. Sweetbreads
65. Durian66. Frogs’ legs67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette71. Gazpacho72. Caviar and blini73. Louche absinthe74. Gjetost, or brunost
76. Baijiu77. Hostess Fruit Pie78. Snail79. Lapsang souchong80. Bellini 81. Tom yum82. Eggs Benedict83. Pocky84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant85. Kobe beef86. Hare87. Goulash88. Flowers
90. Criollo chocolate91. Spam92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa94. Catfish95. Mole poblano96. Bagel and lox97. Lobster Thermidor98. Polenta99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee100. Snake
And, yes I did
have Snake ... at a hotel in Phoenix, they had a place that served fried rattlesnake ... it tasted like alligator!
Some of these I'm not sure of ... I was in various gourmet societies before I quit drinking and had a lot
of exotic foods ... so it's a "maybe" for #16, #30, #33, #37 (I've had High Tea, and I've had Clotted Cream, I just don't recall the two arriving in one cup), #38 (quite possibly as a between-course palate cleanser), #63 (does taking Kaopectate count?), and #93.