Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I, too, have picked up on that L.J. Name Quiz meme, but for the benefit of those who really couldn't give a damn, I've put it behind the cut ...
1. What does your first name mean?
Brendan is the Anglicized form of the Latinized version of the Irish name Breanainn which means "prince".
2. What does your middle name mean?
Michael is the Anglicized form of the Hebrew archangel name Miyka'el which meant "who is like God?", portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies.
3. What does your last name mean?
Tripp comes from the same root as the "trip" in "trip the light fantastic (on the sidewalks of New York)", which means to move quickly, agilely, etc. Most of the "meanings" come from this, traveler, dancer, etc.
4. So what does your name mean when put together?
Uh ... agile god-like warrior prince?
5. What would you have been named if you were the opposite gender?
I probably would have been Darragh (derived from "oak") ... which is what my Dad was going to name my sister if I had one.
6. Any other name oddities?
I gave both my daughters two middle names, one "personal" and one "family".
7. Do you like your name?
Sure. It beats being "Bercthun" or what ever obscure saint plucked off the liturgical calendar my Mom was threatening to name me if my Dad didn't back off on the Irish stuff!
8. What do you like best about it?
It's unusual enough to not be constantly running into folks with the same name, yet it's easily pronounceable!
9. What do you like least about it?
A lot of folks assume it's "Brenda" ... I get a lot of junk mail like that.
10. If you HAD to change your name (witness protection program, whatever), what would you want it to be?
Hmmm ... could they name me Pachacuti and move me to Cuzco?