1. WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR KITCHEN PLATES?
We have a few choices, I typically use the clear glass ones.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I'm in the midst of three or four, I'm almost done with Why The Reckless Survive.
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
It's just blue cloth with a wrist support.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
I really don't like games. I hate losing, but I also hate making my family cry.
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
I used to subscribe to dozens, but am down to just a few, perhaps it would currently be Gourmet.
6. FAVORITE SMELL?
There are a few springtime flowers I really love, but a leaf pile burning in the fall is hard to beat.
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL?
Poopy diapers, thank goodness we've gotten beyond that!
8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
"Oh, shit, I'm still at my desk!"
9. FAVORITE COLOR?
Black, various greys.
10. LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?
Eh ... probably Yellow (although this time of year "green and gold").
11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
The machine picks up after 4, so it's 1-3 if I'm going to get it.
12. FUTURE (or First) CHILD'S NAME:
"#1" (The Wife has requested that I not mention her or The Girls by name on-line).
13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
14. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Vanilla ... I don't get what you silly humans see in Chocolate!
15. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
I don't like to drive at all, we live Downtown and don't keep a car. I've never gotten a ticket.
16. FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Currently, I guess that would have to be Stargate SG1.
17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
See #8 above.
18. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
It depends ... am I watching them from my living room or waiting for a bus in them?
19. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
I've never really "had a car", although I did own two for brief periods of time, one being an '87 Pontiac Bonneville stationwagon that was built like a tank (allowing me to survive what should have been a fatal wreck) and other being an '85 Jeep (that died on a mountain in Colorado).
20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON (LIVING OR DECEASED)?
William F. Buckley.
21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
I quit drinking (after a long litre-a-day Gin habit) back in 1985. I used to live on Gin Gimlets and G&T's, but was also fond of Zombies, Southern Comfort Sours, and Tequila.
22. WHAT IS YOUR SIGN & YOUR BIRTHDAY?
September 24th ... Libra.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Something involving Foi Gras ... I'm hoping to get some for my birthday ... I think (if we can find babysitting) we're going to Tru.
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Hmmm ... I really liked being a publisher, but that didn't work out ... Assassin?
25. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Like the country song says ... it can turn anything but loose!
26. IS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
Half empty ... and probably leaking.
27. FAVORITE MOVIE?
I'm not a big movie watcher ... probably Blade Runner.
28. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
29. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
Storage drawers ... it's a king-size platform bed that I bought 23 years ago when I moved out on my own ... the only place I get decent sleep (if I can get up from the computer before I nod off).
30. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
The High Holy Church of the N.F.L. (Bears sect, which explains the caveat in #10, above).
31. WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?
32. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU!
It wasn't "sent" to me, but I did snag it from mightyrighty who's a conservative cutie ... sort of like LJ's own Ann Coulter!
33. KETCHUP OR MUSTARD?
Mustard ... various permutations.
34. HAMBURGERS OR HOT-DOGS?
That depends ... I'm more likely to order a burger, but some places (like Demon Dogs under the Fullerton El tracks) have great hot dogs!
35. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOFT DRINK?
"Chateau Atlanta", AKA Diet Coke.
36. THE BEST PLACES YOU HAVE EVER BEEN?
I've travelled all over the U.S. and the World ... I have fond memories of both Kathmandu and Cuzco ... maybe it's the thin air!
37. WHAT SCREEN SAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER NOW?
"Mystify Your Mind" ... moving angular lines from W98.