1. Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
I'm English, Welsh, and a bit German (didn't know that a great-grandmother was off-the-boat German until a few years ago) ... I primarily think of myself as being of English descent, however.
2. Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
Over the years I have studied much Tibetan Vajrayana and Incan Shamanism, so there is part of me that sometimes thinks that I'm Tibetan/Peruvian by association.
3. What's one language you wish you knew fluently?
Something that would actually get me hired as a programmer??? Since I initially wanted to be an archaeologist, probably something ancient, like Egyptian.
4. If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc. where would you go?
I'd love to move to Cuzco. Kathmandu is also charming, but I have a low tolerance for having to be on the last chopper off of the embassy, and I'm afraid that's the direction Nepal is heading these days.
5. If you had a time machine, and could witness one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
I'd want to see if there was anything special about a particular itinerant preacher in first century Palestine ... frankly, I think the whole Jesus mythos is a load of crap, sewn together with other regional mythologies in order to make a Davidian cult that would sell in Rome, but so many people think it's real that I'd want to drop in and catch the show (assuming there is any show to catch).