Hey ... I've never tried the "read more" thing before ... and THIS is certainly the ideal post to test it out!
1. Your LiveJournal "user name": BTRIPP
Explain what it means: Duh ... first initial, last name.
2. The "name" that you chose to use (if not your USER name): the same
Explain what it means: ditto
3. Explain how you picked / why you selected the user picture(s) that you have?
Hmmm ... I have a lot of pictures. I took the "default" one with my daughter's Barbie Digital Cam when I was setting it up for her ... it seemed to capture me particularly well. I use the others "situationally".
- The Stats -
4. date of survey (because things will change as soon as you finish it): June 26th, 2001
account type: paid
If permanent, what did you do to get it - if free, why not a paid account? it's paid ... almost bought a permanent last time they were available
friends of (#): 47
friends (#): 64
communities (#): 6
memories (#): 0
posts (#): 252
- Your Journal -
5. Why do you have a Journal page? oh, blame ANA ... she got one, and then everybody was following her over that cliff
Do you have a Journal page for yourself, your friends, strangers to know you, and/or everyone? I live and breathe propaganda, it's just another vehicle.
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting? You obviously have never SEEN my handwriting.
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are? 9 ... I let it pretty much all hang out in here when I write personal stuff ... plus there IS my poetry ...
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most; factually (includes daily routine), emotionally, intellectually, sexually, religiously, or artistically? Probably emotionally ... if I'm not spewing propaganda, I'm venting.
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ? Oh, I don't know ... half, maybe ... the "did this, did that" stuff comes and goes.
Is there anything you refuse to post about? Yeah, at the request of The Wife, I try to avoid talking specifics about my family.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others? Hell, I don't know ... from the dribble of comments that most posts get, probably about a 2-3.
11. From who / how did you find out about LJ? OK, so call me a fawning sycophant ... ANA
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you? Yeah, a handful ... but none have become L.J. addicts.
13. How long have you been a member of LJ? Since 05/05/00
14. How often do you post to LJ? I comment on others' posts daily, but only post in mine a few times a week.
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only? None.
Totally private? None.
16. What is your FAVORITE interest on LJ? I never filled in the "interests", I don't know why.
17. What is your favorite community on LJ? I don't know ... I've tried to get some of the "communities" to become more vital, but they've always disappointed me.
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ? Yeah ... lots of stuff.
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something? Possibly.
20. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals? Constantly ... I've posted 1839 comments to my 252 entries.
21. Do you prefer to write in your Journal, read other Journals, respond to others entries, or get responses to your entries? I like getting into "lively discussions", I don't care if it's in my Journal or theirs.
22. What's the longest you've gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up? I'd say 5 weeks ... in terms of entries in my own journal.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading LJ since you discovered it? 2-3 days ... I have been away from the computer once or twice.
24. What is your favorite post you've ever made to LJ? Hard to say, I've done ones that I thought were BRILLIANT which were subsequently roundly ignored.
25. What is your favorite post you've ever read on LJ? Who the fuck remembers this kind of crap?
26. What's the weirdest or funniest thing you've seen on LJ? Again ... was I supposed to be taking notes?
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your Journal? Yeah ... usually it gets ingnored.
28. Have you ever tried to play the "trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user" game? Not specifically.
29. Have you ever played the "add a sentence to my post" game? Sounds might damn lame.
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal? Just in case I haven't done so previously, lets do this ... "I really like this survey!"
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)? Oh, yeah ... lots of times.
32. Have you ever banned someone from your Journal? No ... I'd really rather just have them shot.
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life? You mean ASIDE from wasting 2-3 hours a day?
- Friends -
34. Who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why? I care about what happens to some more than others, but I'm not naming names.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in "real life" (you see them regularly)? Man, this survey is so fucking high school ... I only have one "real friend" on the list and I only see him a few times a year ... I've met two others "in passing" IRL ... the rest are net friends.
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met (but you don't see them regularly)? I've actually met 3 people who are on my friends list.
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.'d someone you found on LJ? Yes. And I'd be happy to sell some fabulous health products and/or metaphysical books to YOU too!
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you? Probably none are close enough to be "most like you".
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ? Oh, please ... tell me when William F. Buckley gets an L.J. and I'll have an answer for you.
40. Who is the most fun person you know on LJ? Fun? Like "Ha-ha" fun or "that blew up REAL good!" fun?
41. Who is your least favorite / most annoying LJ user or community (WARNING: ANSWER AT YOUR OWN RISK)? If I found them that irritating, why the flying fuck would I bother to READ them?
42. How do you USUALLY find new friends on LJ? They post comments in threads I'm commenting on.
43. Why are you MOST likely to add someone to your friends list? They exhibit something that I find fascinating, which can cover a lot of areas.
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first? No ... and I don't expect them to add me to their list if I've added them to mine.
What is the most likely reason you WOULDN'T add someone to your friends list? They're an idiot, insufferably boring, or some other reason that would make me not want to waste time reading them.
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first? No.
Would you remove them from yours if they didn't? No ... why should that have ANY bearing on my wanting to read their journal?
46. Are there any people's Journals (users / friends), communities, interests, or searches you frequent on LiveJournal that you DON'T or will not list in your user info page? Yep.
- More than Friends on LJ -
47. Is your "Significant Other" on LJ? No.
48. OTHER than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ (those who think this question means an instant argument with your S.O. may pass on this question, if you don't have a S.O. just answer it)? I have several vague infatuations active at the same time.
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ? That could be several of the above.
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ? That would include most of the above.
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ? Heh ... as long as they didn't turn into some stalker bitch from hell, I'd love to hear about it in vivid detail!
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ? Gee ... do you think The Wife would let me?
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ? Sure, lots of folks.
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)? No, I've not really met anybody from L.J. that I didn't previously know.
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ? Not under my name, I haven't!
- Technical LiveJournal -
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface? Which do you usually use? I post my entries with the client, but I wish it had a preview function ... I almost always have to go back and edit after the fact.
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries? Yes ... gotta have those all-important links!
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all - even from template), template, or default? I think it's pretty close to a template, with a couple of things tweaked on it ... haven't messed with it since I set it up, though.
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add you music manually, or none at all? I don't believe in music piracy, so I don't have a huge collection of stolen mp3's on my HD to be detected by WinAmp, and I doubt that anybody really gives a damn what I'm listening to at the moment anyway.
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it (e.g. do you know you could edit or delete old entries, get live updates of your friends page?)? Reasonably well, but I wish they'd get the damn LJ Users Manual done so I could look stuff up!
61. What is your favorite LJ feature? The whole "Friends Page" thing, I guess.
62. What is your least favorite LJ feature (one that you would change or delete if you could)? Not having a "preview" mode on the client.
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ? Uh, options on stuff, like turning off that damn "thread" feature ... I almost never read stuff that's "collapsed" into those thread things.
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ? The moods are STUPID ... if you can't tell my mood from my words, what use is a jumping spider?
65. "One day the directory will work again." How long until YOU believe until that day will come? I don't greatly care one way or the other, frankly.
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor: 75 ... it's virtual crack, to be sure, but that has its plusses and minuses.